Friday, February 1, 2013

Parmesan, Walnut Spaghetti Squash









After doing an insanity workout tonight all I wanted to do was eat ...you know cheetos, cheez its, goldfish, pasta, or pizza.  Oh how I have been craving Anthony's pizza!  Instead I talked myself out of it and made something healthy and delicious.  It hit the spot without being 900 calories! This is only dinner for one, maybe two but you can always double and triple it. This is seriously easy if you have already cooked spaghetti squash in your fridge.  It took 5 minutes.

Parmesan, Walnut Spaghetti Squash

2 cups of cooked spaghetti squash
1/2 cup of ground chicken-you can use whatever meat you want or none at all
1/2 cup green beans-or any veggie you want
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
1 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp Walnuts-optional-gives it some texture

If you don't have spaghetti squash already in your fridge cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, put face down on a pan and bake at 375 for 60-90 minutes.  Scrape out the insides.

If you do have some just heat it up with the meat you choose.  I am always prepared so I had some already cooked in the fridge. (Remember my posts about preparing ahead of time? yep this applies)  I used the microwave because it's fast.  Cook the veggie however you like and add it to the squash and meat.  Then add the rest of the ingredients.  Mix them up and devour.

408 calories


No comments:

Post a Comment