Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Slow Cooked Mexican Turkey

When I decided to start the Advocare cleanse I knew I would have to come up with some new recipes that didn't include anything I'm not supposed to have. We took a little trip to sprouts and found some turkey breast filet's and I knew I could make something yummy out of that!

Slow Cooked Mexican Turkey

2 Large Turkey Breast Filet's-You can also use chicken
2 Roma Tomatoes-Cut up
1 Tbsp Lime Juice
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Oregano
You can also use low sodium taco seasoning in this!

Put the lime juice in, turkey, tomatoes and then spices.  Let it cook on low for four hours!  

I cut it up toward the end into bite sized pieces.  I have been putting this over quinoa, brown rice or black beans.  Definitely delish!




No comments:

Post a Comment