Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sweet Potato Scrambled Eggs/ Day 3 of the Advocare Cleanse

Starting the Advocare Cleanse was rough.  I mean seriously no sugar or wine for ten days??  I wasn't sure I could make it past Day 1 without killing someone.  I did it and have slept better the last two nights than I have in two years.  I couldn't have asked for anything more.  I didn't do this cleanse for the weight loss because I don't need to lose anything more but to change my taste buds and SLEEP!  I'm not gonna lie that bread on my counter has been calling my name and everyday I have to tell it to shut the hell up. 

I am way too cheap frugal to not follow through with this cleanse.  That would be 40 dollars down the drain and I would have a heart attack.  Do you know how much wine I could have bought with that?:)

Anyway I thought I would share what I've been eating for my meals:

Breakfast:
Steel Cut Oatmeal with Cinnamon
Blueberries
Walnuts
Scrambled egg whites with sweet potato (see below)
Kale-In my eggs

Snacks:
Brown Rice Cakes with Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
Apple with Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
Walnuts
Almonds
Grapefruit
Banana
Blueberries
Boiled Egg

Lunch:
Chicken or Turkey
Quinoa
Brown Rice
Veggies-any kind
Black Beans
Salad
Carrots
Celery
Sweet Potato


Dinner:
Chicken or Turkey
Salad-Lots and lots of salad
Salsa for dressing
Carrots
Celery

*You aren't really supposed to eat carbs for dinner during the cleanse so I have been only eating them at breakfast and lunch.

*I have been getting creative with my spices and with mixing all of this stuff up.  I don't want to get bored or will turn to bread...or wine....or pasta.

Drink LOTS of water and chew sugar free gum if needed, it really is helpful and the water helps the headaches!

Now to the sweet potato scrambled eggs:

Yes I know it sounds weird but even Marcus liked them!  They were really good, especially for not having any milk or salt.

Sweet Potato Scrambled Eggs

1/4 Cup of Pureed Sweet Potatoes
5 egg whites-I used egg beaters
1 Tbsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Pepper
1 Tbsp Onion Powder

Whisk it all together and scramble those eggs.  They don't look pretty but they taste pretty lol OK that was weird!
   
Everything tastes better on a Denver Bronco Plate;)


 Stay tuned for some more ridiculously healthy recipes.  I may just use them even after the cleanse!

No comments:

Post a Comment