Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Food Prep Tuesday

Happy Tuesday!  Or is it?? I only slept 3 hours last night then went to the gym and worked my butt off.  Then I came home to clean and do food prep for the week.  What was I thinking?? My eyes are closing at 1:45 in the afternoon.  Hello exhausted!! But guess what I didn't use no sleep as an excuse.  I still worked out and made sure I'm eating healthy this week! No excuses!!

When I start food prep I always make a list (Surprise, Surprise)
When planning it out I usually decide what needs to go in the oven and make that first. 

I started out cooking spaghetti squash and sweet potatoes. In one casserole dish I put frozen chicken, fresh green beans and sweet potatoes with an italian seasoning packet over it.
While that was cooking I made the rest of the Spaghetti squash and turkey marinara bake and put that aside.  I then cut up cucumbers and separated them into sandwich bags. 

I then made Pumpkin Steel Cut Oatmeal (recipe to come).  I put it in the crock pot, the crock pot is your friend!


After that I made the quinoa, rice and boiled eggs at the same time.  I always have quinoa, or brown rice in the fridge so that I can make a quick meal. 

When the spaghetti squash and sweet potatoes were done I added the squash to the marinara bake, put it in the oven then made Gluten Free Turkey Sweet Potato Meatballs (recipe to come).

And finally I made some no bake energy bites, I know they weren't on my list but sometimes I get a wild hair up my ass and make other things.

All of this done in 2 hours and most of it was cooking time!  If I can do it so can you!!



No comments:

Post a Comment