Thursday, April 24, 2014

21 Day Fix- Days 1-3

If you are on Instagram there is no doubt you have heard about the 21 day fix or have seen before and after photos.  They are amazing! My Aunt just recently finished the fix and became a coach.  She lost 13 pounds in 21 days a long with a couple pants sizes and a lot of inches.  I decided to research the crap out of it like I always do and what appealed to me most was the eating part of it.  You get containers for different catagories. Red for protein, Green for veggies, Purple for fruit, Yellow for carbs, Blue for fats, and orange for seeds (chia, pumpkin, flax).  The book that comes with it helps you figure out how many containers you need.  Not only do you learn how to balance your food, you learn PORTION CONTROL.  Even when I eat clean I now know I eat WAY too much.  My goal is to lose my 10 pounds by summer, not just in the next 21 days but this program has already helped after 3 days with the amount of food I should consume.  Hopefully it helps in the future too.  Plus these 30 minute workouts are seriously kicking my ass! Like I had a hard time using my arms today!  Anyway on to days 1-3

Day One-

Breakfast-Shakeology with spinach, a banana and chia seeds

Snack-2 boiled eggs
1/2 stick string cheese

Lunch-Quinoa Taco Bake-This is fantastic! Thank you pinterest!!



Dinner- I went to a concert so got a salad with chicken and cranberries, no dressing

Snack-2 tsp Peanut butter

Exercise-It was my cleaning day and I got up at 5am to do the 21 day fix total body cardio....I used to think Jillian Michaels was bad until I met Autumn.


Day 2-

Breakfast-Shakeology with almond milk and chia seeds

Snack- Cottage cheese with fruit

Lunch-Quinoa Taco Bake

Dinner- Tilapia Corn Taco with greek yogurt and cheese, cantaloupe

Snack-1 tsp peanut butter and 1/2 glass of wine....yes you can have wine!!!

I wasn't very hungry the second day and had a massive headache.  Not sure what it was from, probably allergies but I still came home and did the upper fix


In my jeans and scrubs..... let's face it there are some days when putting on your actual workout clothes is a chore.  So I problem solved haha I worked and I still sweat my ass off!!

Day 3-

Breakfast-
Shakeology with spinach, cantaloupe and chia seeds

Snack- 4 slices of Turkey bacon-yum

Lunch- Quinoa Taco Bake, roasted broccoli and a slice of thin steak

Snack-cottage cheese with fruit, pistachios

Dinner- Thai Curry- this is really good if you like curry



Snack-Quest cookies and cream bar

Confession....quest bars aren't in the plan and I added extra protein in for the day.  I was hangry all day and knew I had to add in a little protein or I would be the wicked witch.  I still followed portion sizes though!

Exercise- 5am lower fix-ouch.  She's kind of evil and I'm hoping to walk tomorrow!!


So the biggest thing I have found with this program is you have to plan ahead!  Plan your meals all day long to fit with the containers.  It's just like meal prepping but helps know your portions and balance.  You can replace your carb container 3 times a week with wine if you want and you bet your sweet ass I will be! 

Plan, Plan, Plan


I love this plan compared to some others because it doesn't completely deprive you and that's where I always seem to fail or maybe I'm thirteen and don't like to be told I can't have chocolate if I want it;)

Anybody else doing the 21 day fix? Want to?

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an interesting concept. A friend of mine does shakeololgy and swears by it! But the expense is a little much to me for smoothies!

    ReplyDelete