Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Day After

What is the best thing about the day after Christmas??? NO MORE CHRISTMAS MUSIC! Halle-freakin-lujah!!!  I can handle a little bit but when stores start decorating in September for Christmas and start playing the music before Thanksgiving, I really just want to throw up!

Speaking of that magical holiday...I work my butt off for Christmas because to save money I make all my own gifts.  This year was chocolate spoons for hot chocolate, jam (always), earring holders, sharpie mugs and cookies.  So anyway by the time Christmas gets here I am over it. Exhausted and over it to be exact.

This year we threw in a funeral on Christmas eve.  It was a beautiful service.  I had to give the eulogy.  I can get up in front of a crowd and sing a song but when it comes to speaking I literally just shake.  So nervous nelly here got up there and shook.  I'm sure my grandpa was looking down and laughing at me!  My uncle and cousin got up and played Silent Night on the guitar and violin...beautiful. 

My grandpa was a veteran so we got the whole 21 gun salute and flag folding ceremony.  As sad as the day was that made it a little better.

Afterward we went back to the church to eat and share stories.  It may have been a funeral and Christmas Eve but at least we were together.

Marcus no longer believes in Santa and my niece is 2 and doesn't understand the concept so Christmas morning was simple.  I didn't have to put too much stuff out under the tree.  I got them each something big and then some movies.  The rest of the family spoils them rotten so I get a little break!

She got a car seat and stroller for her babies and couldn't be without them, even on the couch

My niece got a snake in her stocking and was so excited

I bought him all the fast and the furious movies, plus he got the new diary of a wimpy kid

Mama got spoiled too...



I mean seriously, have you ever made something from the pioneer woman??? That bitch will make me fat one of these days.  There is not one damn thing I have made that wasn't magically delicious??

I have never seen Breaking Bad but have heard nothing but good things.  The problem is I get addicted to TV series so I have to wait for a time where I can do nothing but watch it.
                                          Someone knows me well.....Marcus.  Is that sad?? 

Christmas Day I always work and make dinner for all of our people there.  They are my second family, plus my staff gets to have the night off!

Anyway I'm really glad Christmas is over...now on to New Year's and all those resolutions I will never keep haha  I plan on partying hard then joining this:

Life According to Steph


I am a big budget er anyway but I will admit I don't follow it completely.  January will be the month.  I could definitely use a break from spending then we can all link up about our failures.  I know...so much faith!

I haven't been doing too much the last week besides the obvious except......

This
And...

This and

This
I've been reading like a mofo.....Next up Gone Girl.  I tried to read it once before and couldn't get into but since I'm in such a reading mood I thought I should give it one more try.

But seriously How can the Beautiful Bastard series be over?? I feel like there is so much more that can be written...oh well.  Any suggestions for other smut???

How was every one's Christmas??

No comments:

Post a Comment