Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Cookie Swap and This or That

Mean Ang


Cookies are my favorite thing ever! That's why I only make them at Christmas so I can give them away:) Linking up with my favorite Ang:)

This recipe is from an ancient cookbook of my mom's that we used to make every year.

Pumpkin Cookies

1 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 cup pumpkin
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup nuts (any kind)


Frosting:

1 cup brown sugar
3 tbs. butter
4 Tbs. milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine and mix the first 10 ingredients. Add nuts. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

For the frosting: Stir and boil the first 3 ingredients for 2 minutes.  Cool. Add last 2 ingredients and frost cookies.

These are amazing and you can't eat just one, you have to eat 5 lol


Next up:

 
This or That Link Up

Fashionable snow boots, practical snow boots?

Practical.  I don't go around town in my snow boots so there is no need for them to be that great although mine are pink with fur. Boots with the fur, the whole club was looking at her....

 Hat or ear muffs

Hat!  Particularly my bronco beanie:)

Snowed in or playing out in the snow

Both? I love being warm inside watching the snow but it's so much fun to go sledding or have a snowball fight!

Sledding or snow tubing 

Sledding! I've never been tubing...I know I know I live in Colorado.  I really don't actually like the snow haha

Almost winter or Winter’s almost over

Winter is almost over! Come on Spring, Summer, and Fall!!!

Happy Tuesday!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin! I want to make these now. Thanks for thinking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those cookies sounds yummy!!! And come on, you NEED to try snow tubing!!
    I tried to reply to your email, about the snow angel bandits, and it got sent back to me. Boo!!

    ReplyDelete