Friday, June 13, 2014

Disneyworld!

Disneyworld is an experience.  I learned so many things from it.  We had a goodtime....some of it.  I seriously need like 2 weeks there to go on all the rides, see all the shows, go to Universal Studios, go to the beach...I'm sure there are more but you get the idea.  I also would like to go by myself or with someone that might enjoy taking their time with me! *Cough Cough Ang Cough* haha  There were just so many things I wanted to see or experiences I wanted to see (The American Idol Experience) that my dad or Marcus would never do. 

So things I learned:

*NEVER take a 2 year old!! Just don't do it.  It's hot and tiring and they get cranky.  Plus they can't go on most of the rides because they are too short.  There is a lot of walking even if you rent a stroller and a lot of carrying the 2 year old.  There were some great moments that made it worth it but otherwise wait. Don't even get me started on the 3 1/2 hour plane ride....

*There is a Disney app...yes there is an app for that.  I didn't actually care to check it out until Day 3....stupid mistake.  You can literally do everything with this, make reservations, get fast passes, check wait times of rides and make a plan.  I like plans.  It made our last day so much better and we got to meet Mickey.  Who talked by the way, it was creepy.

*Do not go on the River Rapids at Animal Kingdom and expect to dry.  I wore jeans shorts and couldn't pee the rest of the day because I couldn't get those suckers off.  Ok so wear something that dries fast because it's a blast.  I happened to sit in the hot seat so while everyone else got cooled off I got drenched! 

*Animal Kingdom was my favorite.  They have Africa, Asia, Dinosaur Land and Discovery Island.  In Africa they have a safari ride that is just what it says.  We were a little scared when we discovered that there were no fences.  The animals just walked right up to the jeep.  It was the best part of the trip. 

Animal Kingdom was spread out enough you didn't feel suffocated and everything was shaded.  Thank god because it was hot as shit.

*I wasn't that impressed with Hollywood Studios.  There was some cool things to look at and some fun rides but when I looked at the map it was mostly food places.  Everything was asphalt so it was also miserable.  How do you people in the east and south deal with that humidity? blah.

Marcus and I went on the tower of terror and that was fun!
Hollywood Studios did have some really cool buildings to look at and we went to a show about Walt Disney and The Movie Experience.  I love history so these excited me lol

*Fast Passes.  Ang had mentioned them to me but I wasn't quite sure what they were until the second day.  You get 3 a day where you basically get to go in a shorter line for certain rides.  This was a lifesaver that last day with my niece.

* Magic Kingdom.  This is a little kids dream.  I had a plan for that day so we didn't get to wander around and check things out. We went on the Haunted Mansion ride where my niece freaked out and then at the end was waving to the scary people. Crazy kid.  We also went on the Buzz Lightyear ride where you get to shoot targets the whole way through.  I knew my dad and Marcus would enjoy that because they like to shoot things.  Ok so do I. We ate lunch at the Crystal Palace where we got to see Winnie The Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet. Then finally we met Mickey and then we were out.

Eeyore is my favorite so I HAD to be in the picture

I almost forgot they met Daisy.


We spent every evening swimming and drinking (OK I did).  It seemed to get hottest around 4 or 5 so that's when we hit the swimming pool.

I was completely fascinated by the bamboo that grew everywhere
Anyone else really love pictures of people from behind?  I love it.  Caught in the moment.

All in all it was a fun experience.  We will probably go back some day when my niece is older and we can stay longer.

Side note: As much as I hated the humidity, my body never felt better.  The moment we landed in Colorado I was in pain.  Guess I need to move to somewhere tropical:)

3 comments:

  1. Disney in the summer is my idea of hell. I've been at all times of the year except December and I'm doing that this year.

    I love Hollywood Studios and hate Animal Kingdom. LOLOL to each her own!

    I love taking pics of people from behind or the side.

    I totally agree that Disney is lost on kids under the age of 4 or 5. I'm glad you had a fun trip anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the humidity is killer!!! But looks like yall still had a great time. I have got to get a Disney vacation squeezed in sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - we've taken Marcus (who is 2) twice in the last two months the Disney Land and, while challenging, wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. I mean, one minor melt-down a day isn't terrible... Right?! :)

    ReplyDelete