Tuesday, May 13, 2014

21 day fix results and a little bit of everything

The tagline for the 21 day fix is "It takes 21 days to create a habit" and it is so true.  Yesterday was my 21st day and I thought oh a chocolate chip cookie to end it will be great...Umm NO!  I was sick to my stomach ALL night.  That's great news for anyone who is interested in doing the fix.  It trains your stomach to like the stuff that is good for you.  I decided today was going to be a break day.  Not a day to eat crap but if I want to eat more fruit or carbs today I was going to let it happen.  I packed my lunch and realized I packed it just like I did for the fix.  I guess that's what my body wants!!

I am restarting it tomorrow but with some of my own rules lol  Nothing huge but I am taking a rest day every week.  I also have birthday parties and Disneyworld in that time.  I'm not going to get crazy at those times but I'm not going to stress out if I don't eat perfect or miss a workout.  Are you tired of me babbling yet and want to see my results??


Some of you already saw this on instagram.  The place I always tone up right away whenever I decide to workout for more than a week at a time is my face, chest and shoulders. 

Don't mind that the bottom 2 pics are switched...oops

It doesn't look like much in the pictures but here are my before and afters:

Before weight: 129.4
After:124.6


Left Arm before: 10.5 in
after:10 in

R Arm before:11 in
after:10 in

R thigh before:21.5
after: 20.5

L thigh before:21.25
after:20.75

Stomach before:34
after: 31

Hips before: 38
after:36.5

Total inches:7.5 inches-I am pretty damn proud of that!

I have had a lot going on lately and am completely surprised the stress didn't affect my results!

My sweet grandpa died on Saturday:(  He was almost 90 and had lived his life so we were really glad the poor thing didn't have to suffer.  I went to see him on Cinco De Mayo and they were having  a party.  I walked in to find him drinking a beer and he was so excited.

In the last couple of years he hadn't been able to do much (wheelchair, oxygen, etc..)and he almost never wanted to leave his bed so to see him participating in this party brought joy to my heart! 

They were hitting a piñata and at first he just wanted to watch but somehow we convinced him to hit it, he's always been a baseball fan/player so I knew he would knock one of out the park (yeah I said that).



He knocked that piñatas head off!  It was a great afternoon and I'm so glad I got to have those moments with him before he died. 

Sunday wasn't just Mother's Day for me it was the anniversary of my son's death/ his birthday.  We usually celebrate by sending balloons up for him and singing Happy Birthday.  It just happened that my grandpa died the day before so we sent some up for both of them.  I am one of those people that believes in signs.  One of the happy birthday balloons took ahold of a heart balloon as it went up and they never separated.  It was as if my son was pulling my Grandpa up to Heaven<3


What about you? Believe in signs? Questions about the fix?

2 comments:

  1. Wow you look great!!! You can really see a difference! And it is true--when you start eating better, you get sick or feel like crap when you eat crap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, you look fabulous! Great job! Second, so sorry to hear about your grandpa but I'm glad you have such good recent memories celebrating for Cinco de Mayo before he passed away. And I am a huge believer in signs. I would definitely say that is your sign that your grandpa and son are together now and looking out for you from Heaven.

    ReplyDelete