Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Being a Mom

This post has been brewing for a couple weeks but I couldn't figure out what to do with it...

It started when I had several friends talk about how glad they were that they didn't have kids, especially when school started.  I understand all the reasons to not have kids but then I think back to the last 11 years and don't know what I would have done without Marcus.

I've made a million mistakes, who hasn't?  But I always tried to be the best mom I could be.  Yes I went out a lot, I was young but I always made sure to tuck him into bed before I left.  Then I got pregnant a second time and was so excited.  It was almost like I could start over and take back all the things I did wrong the first time.  Not that I would change Marcus for anything, except maybe his cleaning skills haha jk

Anyway here is a list (because it's always about lists) of the best parts of being a mom:

* That kid gave me a reason to be.  He came at a time when I really hated life and when he came along I knew I had to live the best life for him, and give him everything I could (without spoiling him of course)

* You always have someone to tease.  WHAT?! I'm mean like that;)
* When they are old enough you can make them do things for you like.....Hey can you get me a beer out of the fridge? Thanks! I'm joking but when they get older it is nice that they can do things for themselves

* You get to watch them go from a baby that can't sit up let alone crawl to a teenager that talks back.  I know it doesn't sound like much fun but being there while they are learning to walk and talk is one of the best parts of being a mom.  You get to watch them develop their own sense of humor and personality.  Sometimes they get their sense of humor from you and you are either proud or scared haha


* You get to clean up a lot of messes you didn't make. 
You do but honestly I don't mind it.  I bitch and moan about it but when there are no kids around I'm bored and miss those messes.


* This e-card cracks me up and I know people that don't have kids think this is true but it's not.  That's what a babysitter is for duh.  I have had lots of fun in the last 11 years, either with or without Marcus


* Babies-that is all.  They may scream, cry, poop and eat every two hours but seriously they are perfect little creatures.  If only they stayed that way forever

*Toddlers- I don't understand why they are so cute but then we have to deal with the terrible two's or torturous three's (that's what I called them).  This is when they are learning so much and it's so adorable to watch them repeat everything you say, even if it is bad words


*  You become a kid again.  There is nothing better than a swing and a slide with or without your kids.  They just give you a reason to forget everything and play.

* Toy shopping.  Come on  you know it's a blast to see all the fun things they come up with for kids these days!

* Last but not least you always have someone that loves you unconditionally and you love them the same.  There is no other love like it.

I'm sure I forgot a million things.  What's your favorite part of being a parent? Not being a parent? Or are someday looking forward to?





1 comment:

  1. Awwww... that was great. My favorite part of being a parent is watching my children develop their own personalities. I am definitely looking forward to then getting their drivers licenses though - mom taxi is TIRED! lol

    ReplyDelete