Monday, September 1, 2014

31

*Apparently I forgot to publish this on Monday. ..oops


Today I turn 31.  When I was 16 I thought 31 was ancient.  Although some days physically I feel ancient, mentally I am loving being  in my 30's. 

I was looking at some old pictures of me sober and not so sober and couldn't believe what a difference it was from then until now.  Not in the way that I look but in the way that I felt.

When I was in my 20's I was so nervous, shy and uncomfortable in my own skin....unless I was drunk.  When I had a couple drinks I was confident, talked to everyone and was never ever nervous about anything.  I didn't love myself, or even like myself.  I didn't even realize there was a difference until now.
 But I sure had fun in my 20's....
7 months pregnant!  We did this as a joke and people were freaking out haha

My boyfriend Lee Brice




But....in my 30's...yes I am only a year in but I've learned to be happy with myself.  Of course I'm always trying to improve but I no longer feel like I have to impress anyone.  I say what I think and could care less who takes offense to it. I am comfortable in my own skin and love myself.  It also makes it easier for me to love other people and be better in relationships.  Funny how that happens! I can also go to concerts and other events without drinking.  Don't get me wrong I enjoy it ALOT but I have found that I don't need it. 

What are some things you love about your 30's or if you aren't there yet, things you look forward to?

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Monday was MFD's birthday too!

    My 30s have been my favorite decade by far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! Hope you had a great one! And I agree. I am so much more confident and comfortable with myself and who I am in my 30s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday. Since I'm out of my 30's I'll just say - wait till you get into your 40s - they're pretty freaking awesome!

    ReplyDelete