Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Things worth paying for...

As we get older I think that we learn there are some things in life that we really have to pay good money for. I am a cheap ass, no really.  I hate spending money on anything.  As I've gotten older I have started spending money on myself more and noticed I no longer want cheap shampoo or cheap shoes.  I have figured out that when you spend more money on certain things they last longer and you don't have to buy them as often....duh

Here are some things I splurge on:

Shoes-I used to try and find the cheapest tennis shoes possible but now I pay for good ones.  I need the support and comfort...don't we all?

Shoe insoles- Recently I learned I have arthritis in my feet.  I went to the good feet store.  Ever been there? My advice DON'T!  They were trying to charge me 780 dollars for 3 USED insoles wtf?!  Anyway I found something similar on amazon for 35.  If they work I will be paying for more in the future!

Shampoo and Conditioner- As a couponer I usually get these free or really cheap but it's always brands like Herbal Essences and Pantene pro-v.  I went to a salon and they convinced me to buy some Regis shampoo and I will never EVER go back.

Mattress- I've always looked for really great deals on mattresses and usually end up with crap ones.  I don't sleep well or at all sometimes and kick myself for not spending the money on a really good one.  Anyone can a mattress they can't live without?  This is my next big spend.

Phone cases-  After my last incident I decided spending 50 dollars on a phone case to protect it is worth it.  It hurt but it will save me more money in the long run.


What do you splurge on?  What are your favorite tennis shoes? shampoo and conditioner?

2 comments:

  1. I might have to steal this post idea and link back! I will pay for extra leg room on a plane, eye cream, and good food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pay more for good vodka and wine ;-)

    ReplyDelete