Monday, July 14, 2014

City Vs. Country

It's funny how until you experience living in a different area than you grew up how you can't truly appreciate it.  I grew up in the city.  It was 10 minutes to anywhere I want to go.  My ex and I decided on a crazy whim that we wanted to raise our kids in the country.  It was about 45 minutes from where I grew up but might as well have been a whole different world.  I moved back to the city about a month and a half ago and I realized there are so many things I'm loving but there are so many things I miss.

City..............

*I love being close to everything.

*I only have to fill my gas tank every 2 weeks instead of twice a week or more.

*I love being close to my friends and family.  My grandma lives 6 blocks away!

*I can now go to parties and family get togethers without preparing hours ahead of time.

That's it lol

Country....

*Those sunsets.....I miss those like crazy

*The stars

*The wide open skies

*The sunflowers

*No stoplights

*The traffic

*The grocery store.  I have gone to 5 different grocery stores where I live now and I hate how they are laid out.

*The fresh air

Such a difference!  I'm a country girl for sure!


1 comment:

  1. Growing up I lived in a very rural town, and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Now that we live in a big ol' city I miss that country town like crazy!

    ReplyDelete