Monday, January 7, 2013

Eating Healthy On A Budget-Part 4

I know some people are going to look at this list and think I am nuts.  I do have a lot of time on my hands but I will let you know I maybe spend two hours a week preparing food for my freezer.  Some days I dread it but I am always relieved when I wake up in the morning and breakfast only takes a minute to warm up.  Or when I forget to get something out for dinner and all I have to do is defrost or warm something up.  This keeps me from wasting money on fast food, it is such a relief.  I pick only a couple things a week to work on.  After a month or two you will have a stock of food in the freezer and won't have to worry. 

Spaghetti Sauce

Pizza Sauce

Pizza Dough

Soup-You could freeze any soup you choose

Enchilada Sauce

French Bread

Sandwich Bread-Use half Wheat

Dinner Rolls

Hamburger Buns

*If you don't have a bread machine just knead it, let it rise and bake just like the recipe says.

Waffles

Frittatas

Muffins

Pancakes

Pie Crust for this Quiche

Breakfast Cookies

Smoothies

Meatballs-These are the best meatballs I have ever tasted

Beans

Corn Dog Muffins-Use all beef hot dogs

Burritos

Zucchini Bites

Mac and Cheese Cups

Ham and Cheese Pockets

Frozen Fruit Cups

Oatmeal

Chicken Nuggets

Healthy Cookie Dough Bites

Frozen Bananas and Peanut Butter

Healthy Brownie and Peanut Butter Balls

Smudgies-Peanut Butter Banana Sandwiches on Graham Crackers

No I do not always make these.  I usually go through the recipes I always have, check out new ones and then pick one snack, and one breakfast a week to make.  Then I make two lunches a month for the freezer.  I always check to make sure I have enough spaghetti sauce, pizza dough, etc...

Trust me when I say those two hours a week are worth it!  Sometimes it is even less time if I can cook everything at once!  Good luck!  I will be doing another couple posts with meals from the pantry and things to do with food that is going bad.  Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment