Monday, March 24, 2014

Food Preppin and some goals

Look at me blogging again.....

This weekend was spent cleaning and organizing my house.  Surprisingly I finished most of it on Saturday, and even though I couldn't walk by the end of the day it felt good!!  I haven't been home most weekends lately so food prep has been hard so since I was home sunday it was on!!

I even have a recipe for you! It's probably going to snow now...

Here are the recipes I prepped for, what would I do without pinterest?? I could kiss the person that thought of it.

Beef Stroganoff-After I found this recipe I never made it a different way again, except I use greek yogurt instead of sour cream and whole wheat noodles. Have to healthify that shit. That golden mushroom soup is magic!

Jamie Eason's Turkey Meatloaf Muffins- I accidently forgot the egg whites but they still stayed together and they taste delicious!



Spaghetti squash and Bacon Casserole- It had me at bacon...I only made the squash so when I make it later in the week I just have to cook some bacon and make the sauce.



Sausage, red beans and rice-I made the rice and the beans in the crockpot for this one.

Chicken Fried Rice-I have shredded chicken in the freezer to use for this.

I put 3 chicken breasts, 2 potatoes and 4 small zucchinis in a gallon freezer bag and threw them in the freezer.  When I want to make it I will thaw it and add some chicken broth and Italian seasoning.  I throw it in the oven and there is dinner and possibly lunch for a couple of days. Easy peasy!
I also made These (Thanks Ang) and ate them all within an hour....

I also made Oatmeal. Sometimes I just make up random oatmeal recipes.

Strawberry Chocolate Steel Cut Oats

1 cup- steel cut oats
3 cups- Vanilla almond milk
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
3 strawberries chopped up-mine were big

I bring it all to a boil, turn it low and let it cook uncovered for about 40 minutes.  Wham bam thank you ma'am!! I also kind of forgot about it and it boiled over--oops



Anyway my goals this week are simple....Start Les Mills and stay away from sugar.  I find when I eat even a small piece of sugar that I crave all the bad things!!

Anybody else meal prep this week??

No comments:

Post a Comment