Monday, December 3, 2012

Sweet Potato Waffles and Strawberry Syrup

I am one of those crazy ladies that loves to go Black Friday Shopping.  Every year I have a game plan.  This year I wasn't able to make it but I still had a friend of mine and my mom pick me up a couple things.  One thing I have wanted for years but never buy (who knows why?) was a waffle maker.

Isn't she pretty???
As soon as I got it home I had to start making waffles. Marcus is a waffle freak, he will eat 6 of them if you let him. I had some pureed sweet potato in the fridge so I got to work!  

Sweet Potato Waffles

 2 eggs
 2 Cups Flour
1 3/4 Cups Milk
1/2 Cup Sweet Potato Puree
 1 Tbsp Sugar
 1/4 tsp salt
 1 tsp Vanilla
 1/8 tsp cardamon
1/8 tsp cloves
 1/4 tsp nutmeg
 1 tsp ginger
 1 tsp cinnamon
Whisk it all together and put 1/4 cup for each waffle in the waffle maker. I can't tell you exactly how many this will make. We have kept it covered in the fridge so we can make some every morning. Yum! It tastes like fall!





 Now to my favorite part....I do not like maple syrup. Anyone that knows me knows that I love sugar! But maple syrup is too sweet for me...weird I know. So I started making my own fruit syrups, or compote they could be called. It is so simple and probably a tiny bit healthier than maple syrup.  

Strawberry syrup

 1 Cup Frozen Strawberries
1/2 Cup Water
 2 Tbsp Sugar
Put it on high heat and leave it until the strawberries are soft.
Mash it down and let it cook a few more minutes. Puree it or leave it chunky. Then put it over your waffles!
Anyone have any foolproof waffle recipes?? I would love to go waffle crazy, breakfast, lunch and dinner! HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment