Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Music.....Food To My Soul

"As a music lover, if it looks good, you’ll see it. If it sounds good, you’ll hear it. If it’s marketed right, you’ll buy it. But if it’s real, you’ll feel it."
Kid Rock

I couldn't have said it better myself.  I have always been a huge music person.  I don't mean that I just listen to it.  I listen to it, love it, criticize it, respect it and  most of all feel it.  I've been to more concerts than I can count and listen to almost every kind of music.  To say that I am a music lover would be an understatement.  To me music is one of the biggest parts of life.  It helped me get through rough times and made me smile in the happy times.  There is a song for every occasion.  If you don't think so just ask me I can find you one;)



Saturday night my Dad took my sister and I to the Keith Sweat, Color Me Badd concert.  We were going old school (well my old school at least).  I felt like I was back in high school.
Anyway it was at the Paramount in Denver.  It is a beautiful, historic place. My sister tried to take some pictures, it was pretty dark though.

The stage and the ceiling which is so much cooler in person!
This guy came out and played a ton of hit songs from 1991!
I don't know how many people remember Color Me Badd from 1991 but the lead singer was about 100 pounds lighter.  I normally wouldn't care but it made his performance pretty bad.  He couldn't catch his breath long enough to hit those high notes.  Kind of a bummer but still entertaining.

There is Keith Sweat!  Not a great picture but he can still sing!! Towards the end of the concert he invited a group of the crowd to come and stage and dance!  He also did a moment of silence for all the kids in Connecticut!  

I have been thinking about those kids and their parents and siblings for days now.  I have lost a child but not in a tragedy like that.  My heart aches for them!

My handsome Dad and gorgeous sister.  As you can see I got the short gene lol

Now yesterday I was listening to Ray Lamontagne on Pandora and came across Amos Lee.....talk about food to my soul.  His voice is beautiful and most of his songs are acoustic.  The best part of all?  He made me feel his songs, I am in love!

It started to Rain-Amos Lee

Like music, rain is also food to my soul.  So when you combine them it is always a win:)  Enjoy!

LAST DAYS AT THE LODGE BY LEE,AMOS (CD) (Google Affiliate Ad)

SUPPLY AND DEMAND BY LEE,AMOS (CD) (Google Affiliate Ad)

AMOS LEE BY LEE,AMOS (CD) (Google Affiliate Ad)








No comments:

Post a Comment