Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Homecoming of Samuel Lake

The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the books part of this blog!  If I'm being honest I haven't been reading much.  I have about four books started and haven't been able to get into any of them.  I don't know what is up with books these days and music but they just aren't any great ones anymore.  Anyone that knows me, knows that I practically eat books (not literally that would be weird).  I have been known to read six books in one week, Janet Evanovich for example.  If you have never read her DO IT!  She is incredibly funny! I am mostly a murder mystery book kind of girl and if I shared those with you, you would be bored.  Anyone that reads those knows that they are all basically the same but yet I can't get enough of them.  I have been really trying to read other genres of books.

 I saw The Homecoming of Samuel Lake at the grocery store and got it from the library. It took me awhile to get through it but once I did it was great.  It has some wonderful lessons about family and how sometimes bad things happen for good reasons to bring people together.  I can't give you too much about this book because it will ruin the story but it was definitely a good time for me to read it.  I needed that lesson!!

Next on the list are Afraid To Die by Lisa Jackson and You Don't Want To Know by Lisa Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment