Friday, October 5, 2012

25 Minute Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

Today we had our first snow of the year...Boo!  But all I wanted to do was come home, get in my sweats and eat some homemade chicken noodle soup.  For years I have been making my mom's version and it is amazing, just takes a little while longer than I was feeling like spending in the kitchen tonight.  So here is a 25 minute version of her Chicken Noodle Soup!

You will need
6 cups of water
1 can of chicken broth (I prefer the no MSG, low sodium kind)
1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
1 small bag of frozen vegetables
1 cup of shredded chicken- I usually have some in the freezer
1Tbsp of Italian seasoning
1Tbsp of salt-unless you use full sodium chicken broth then only use 1/2 Tbsp
1 Tbsp Pepper
4-6 oz noodles- I used egg noodles

Bring the water, chicken broth and tomato sauce to a boil, this usually takes about ten minutes. Add the noodles.  If my chicken is frozen I add it at the same time and it usually thaws pretty fast.  When the noodles are about done, add the spices and the vegetables.  Bring to another boil and that is it!  Seriously fast and easy and only one pot:)

I would say this will make about 6 bowls, I tend to eat 2 or 3 though lol Pair it with some bread and butter, or even a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment