Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tomato Beef Stroganoff

Last night I really wanted pasta and brown gravy, don't ask me why.  So I thought I would make Beef Stroganoff, and then I was disappointed when I learned I didn't have any cream of mushroom.  So I started looking at what I have and I had tomato soup, Hey why not?? So here is this delicious dish that tastes even better the next day:)

Stew Beef
Linguine
Brown Gravy
Can of tomato soup
Vegetables
Garlic
Onion

Cook linguine. I automatically add olive oil, garlic and onion to most of my dishes.  That's just my thing and it always starts a dish off with flavor.  So that's what I did and then I added the beef and browned it.  When it was brown I added a cup of water.  I could have added beef broth but the gravy already added enough salt and I didnt want too much sodium in there.  I then added my packet of brown gravy, you could make your own but that's what I had on hand.  I mixed it all up and let it come to a boil.  Then I added the soup amd vegetables.  When the vegetables were nice and hot I mixed in the noodles and let them cook together for about 5 minutes to let the flavors mingle.  Very simple and keep in mind you can substitute any part of this dish and make it your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment